Working full time and having the itch to travel sometimes interfere with each other. I am limited to the amount of time off i can get so i try to fit in as much in 4 days. The easiest way to just get away is finding cool places nearest you. Less travel time = more time to explore. I have gathered a list of a couple places that have been relatively cheap and short travel time. Here are 10 places you only need 4 days to see.
- Denver, Colorado is an amazing city. Hike the mountains in the morning and drive on back to the city to explore the nightlife. There aren’t many places like it!
- Chicago, Illinois is a place that I encourage everyone to go see. It’s smaller than New York but you still get the hustle and bustle feel like you would from any city. There are so many great places to see and they have really cheap round-trip tickets in the off-season. I went for four days and was able to see the entire city in just that short amount of time.
- New York, New York. MY FAVORITE CITY IN THE WHOLE WORLD! This place is so full of culture, drive, ambition, creativity, originality, and the list goes on. It has taken me weeks of stay to see a lot of the city and I still haven’t even covered it all. It’s such an enormous city and makes me want to become more, go on to do BIGGER and BETTER things. Every time I leave this city, I leave wanting more, yearning to see and do more.
- St. Pete, Florida is my hometown and I am so glad it is. This is a great vacation spot. We have great beaches, great seafood, and beautiful babes. Ha-ha seriously, everyone here is beautiful!
- Miami, Florida has amazing beaches! The reason I say Miami, for me, it’s only a drive away. So it’s great to walk South Beach at night and lay out during the day, If you’re into basketball, catch a Miami Heat game.
- Orlando, Florida. Two words: DISNEY WORLD! If you don’t like Disney, we can’t be friends. Lol, but seriously how can you not like this MAGICAL place. Every time I go I instantly feel like a little girl again. It takes me back to that time in my life when I used to go with my parents and sister. It’s also great for roller coasters! If you’re ever in the area during October/November, Epcot holds a Drinking around the World festival, which is pretty cool if you want an adult getaway. If you live closer to Disneyland it’s a perfect weekend trip as well.
- Syracuse, New York is one of my favorite places to go. One because my mom’s side of the family all lives’ there. The only people in Florida are my mom, my uncle, my aunt, and I. That’s it. So every time I want to go visit family and see A BEYOND BEAUTIFUL PLACE, I always have a free place to stay. It also helps that my boyfriend is from there so it’s generally a great place to visit. New york city isn’t too far and the Adirondacks aren’t too far either. They are both earshot away from some spectacular views.
- Weeki Wachi Springs or any natural spring near you home. Doing a simple Google search will show you some of the most popular river/lake near you. This is a perfect day trip if you don’t have a couple days to spend. Blow up a tube, grab a cocktail, and float down a river all day.
- The Caribbean is a perfect place to go and not spend a ton of money. This is my ultimate stress-free vacation that I take. Everything is accommodated as far as room and board and how you’re going to get your destination. All you need to bring is a bikini, camera, and sunscreen. It is super relaxing and stress-free.
- A hike in the mountains nearest you. Living in Florida allows me to be near so many mountains… JUST KIDDING. It is one of the huge disadvantages of living in such a flat state; it takes hours to get near some decent mountain trails. The Great Smoky National Park is only 9 ½ hours away, so it is a perfect getaway to spend a couple days hiking and exploring.
Another great hint for 10 places you only need 4 days to see is looking up places nearest you. For example, given that I live in Florida, I have access to many different beaches for the price of however much gas it costs to get there. If you live near the mountains, look up different free places to camp and find a place to hike for a couple days. Camping is something I love doing because it’s usually low to nothing cost and usually results in more memories than most hotels. If you want to go to a tropical island, flying to The Caribbean is relatively cheap, especially it you travel in the off seasons! I also take mini trips to Orlando to see Disney; I go to natural springs around me to go kayaking/tubing. I also travel to Key West or just find a campsite a couple hours away to stay for a day. It doesn’t matter the duration of your trip; the biggest thing is to just go. Clear your mind from the stresses that affect you on an everyday basis. Traveling clears your mind and refreshes you to be a better you. There are so many things you can do for a low amount of money and a lot of creativity.10 places